Sunday, January 24, 2010

Eudora Welty



It had been startling and disappointing to me to find out that story books had been written by people, that books were not natural wonders, coming of themselves like grass.
Eudora Welty



I think anyone with a sibling can relate to Eudora Welty's "Why I Live at the P.O".
The way Sister gets treated whenever Stella-Rondo comes back into town with a child that is adopted. I don't believe for a second Stella adopted Shirley-T. I also think Mr. Whitaker left her because she was a spoiled rotten child who can't live up to what mistakes she has made in her life. I think Welty wrote this story from the heart, because when I read it the details jump out at me. They create a feeling within me since I have been a less favored sibling in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment